html

Friday, August 6, 2010

~All the craziness~

Well, I wish I could update as much as I would like but as usual, life just gets in the way. On a positive, we won our first softball game last Sunday, 22/15! I play 2nd, which I may have mentioned before. It is by far my favorite position. I have gotten several players out since playing but this past Sunday was one to remember. As my husband would put it, I had a bullet coming towards me and stopped it and had a perfect throw to 1st and Heather got the runner out! I was just really excited because it's been so many years since I've played that I began pretty rusty. I've been practicing at our local park w/ Gabe and my friend Danielle and occasionally I will make the team practices. They practice a good ways from my house and it always seems to be at 5 o'clock traffic. I'm better off just hanging around over here and getting more one on one attention. It has really been paying off. I got at least 3 or 4 people out on Sunday which is a great accomplishment. Just goes to show that practice helps so much.

As for this week, I took a fast track math course solely to see if I could get into the last math class that I need to take before applying for the nursing program. Well, this was math I don't recall EVER seeing and if I have, it's been well over 15 years since I've had to do polynomials, factoring and all that mess. I studied my butt off this week but it didn't pay off. Sadly, I didn't place high enough so instead of one math class, I now have 2. I know in the long run it will be better, but it still upset me. I worked so hard and yes, I did better than I thought, but I really just wanted to take one more class. When you are right there at applying, it can make or break you when you have to put off applying for several more months. I'm just ready to have my career under way but it's ok, the 2 math classes will help me more in the future since I'm wanting to get my Bachelor's and the only way I can get that is if I take Chemistry. You HAVE to be good at math to take Chemistry so I keep telling myself that it's ok and this gives me more time to explore different colleges and see what's out there.

On another note, I was really week which did hamper some of my studying, well not too much but I did take a nap every single day after getting home from a 3 hour class Mon-Fri. I was so worn out. Gabe has been here all week working from home since I had class so that he could watch Tommy. He said he knew I wasn't feeling good when I put the recliner out on the couch, turned my head to the side and fell asleep almost instantly. I NEVER go to sleep that fast. It could have been a combination of me being sick or both sick and tired. Overall, even though this week has been so hectic and stressful, there has been a lot of good things going on as well.

I'm really looking forward to my last vacation at the beach of the summer. I get to spend it w/ my bestie and our boys. I'm hoping it will be a really good week for us both. I just want to go down there and get lost in a good book and spend some time relaxing. Tommy has done pretty much all there is to do at the beach already this summer, so I mainly want to focus on relaxing on the beach, watching good shows at night, and maybe reading a good book. No crazy, hectic week for me. It's all about relaxing even if I have to sleep most of my vacation away...haha. I would never do that w/ company but if I didn't have anyone there, I probably would sleep all the time. LOL....I guess I'm still worn out from this week that sleep is all I can think about.

Besides softball, school, and vacationing, not too much more is going on. We are still looking to move but it may be put off a little longer since I now have more more time to spend in school.

I'm confident everything will work out like it should. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment