html

Saturday, January 7, 2012

~WELCOME 2012! A new year, a new beginning!

Sheeesh, got 2011 out of the way. What an amazing year it was. We were so blessed to have our 2nd wonderful baby boy.

So now, here it is Jan. 7, 2012. In 7 more days, Matthew will be 9 months old. That's right, 9 months old! Where does the time go? I know it's a silly question, but it really seems like yesterday that I was delivering him. Even though the time is flying, every stage is such a new and wonderful adventure.

Today, Matthew began saying "Ba...ba...ba...", you get the point..LOL...This was the first time he's used the "B" so I thought it was cute! I was trying to tell him "ball" and he would just watch me as I would speak w/ that precious little grin of his.

Every single day I run my finger around his mouth to see if he's cutting teeth. We went to Buy Buy Baby last weekend and got all kinds of things we still needed. I spend way too much money there! I got him these teethers that help w/ cutting teeth. He's chewed on those about all week and loves them. As I ran my finger across his gums today, I felt 2 tiny teeth cutting through on the bottom. I was so happy! I went downstairs and told Gabe to wash his hands really well. He kept asking why but I wouldn't tell him. I said it's a surprise. So Gabe ran his finger over his gums and was just as excited as me.

It was a milestone I wanted to make sure and record since I've been so slack jotting down everything. I documented every single thing w/ Tommy but it just seems as though the time is passing me right by and I never have a moment to keep track of all of Matthew's milestones. :(

I can't believe I'll be having his 1 year party in a little over 3 months. Doesn't seem right. Not sure why I get the baby blues when they grow so quickly. I really really enjoy the toddler stages. They are probably my favorite!

So eating....Well he's finally beginning to eat more than just milk. I gave him chicken and veggies this week along w/ mac and cheese. Both he ate some of, however, still not a huge fan of baby food. He would much rather eat good food than the nasty baby food any day. He did have a tiny bit of a cookie which he was so excited to have.

This week I also cooked a meal without being stressed. I know it may sound small but this was HUGE to me. I love to cook and have missed being in the kitchen preparing a meal for my family. Going out to eat gets old. I fed Matthew really well, put him in his highchair w/ a couple of toys and he sat there contently and watched me cook. He wasn't in the kitchen but right outside of it so I could see him and he could see me. He would have a melt down if I'm out of sight. Sometimes when Gabe is holding him and I walk by, he will immediately start crying. I believe that's because I'm a bottle walking past him. haha!

Anyways, I made taco soup. It's one of my favorite meals on a chilly day, it makes a lot, it's easy, and my family really likes it. It was a nice change from fast food or going out to eat.

So other happenings this week. Tommy began coughing on Sunday, ended up staying out of school Wednesday and Thursday. I don't believe his teacher was too happy but what do you do, children get sick. Tommy did feel well enough to do his math homework and did very well. Right now he's working on fractions. I've always enjoyed fractions and I see that Tommy is grasping the concepts so he's enjoying it for right now.

He's been really good this week and has been really sweet to Matthew. We had a long discussion one day about how Matthew can't defend for himself and Tommy has a huge responsibility as the older brother to help in protecting him. I can tell the talk has helped and I didn't excuse any jealousy. That is no reason to act out towards Matthew so instead I asked that Tommy comes to us and discusses his feelings vs. taking it out on his baby brother.

Other things this week....Tonight we met my niece and her boyfriend, Sheldon, for dinner. This was the first night meeting him and they seem to make the cutest couple. He's very sweet and attentive to Courtney. Tommy also has his friend Nik over for the night. I know Nik's mom from volunteering at the school last year. She does a lot of volunteer work at the school and I was blessed to get to know such a wonderful group of ladies. Tommy also had a basketball game this morning and Nik is on his team and they are in class together. Nik is kinda like my other son. He's done a lot w/ us. I've taken him to Carowinds a couple of times, he's stayed over multiple times and he's went to the mountains w/ us for the weekend. I'm so happy that he was able to stay over tonight since Tommy has been asking me for months but since our house has been under so much construction, it was just too messy. They get along so well and I adore Nik's parents.


This week, Gabe and I discussed moving. My sister called begging me to consider moving to OR. I told her she wouldn't like me if I moved out there. LOL. Gabe has been busy looking for jobs on the West Coast, however, I still don't know if that's where I want to be. I'm too much of a beach bum (NC,SC shores). I do want to move, but it's all in where the money is. I don't really enjoy it here anymore. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and can't seem to get out. I don't have that much of a social life and it would be nice to meet some new faces and get to know some new people. It's not the only reason I'd like to move, there are many.

Well, it's past my bedtime but I will try my best to do better at blogging. I can't let all of my children's memories slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment