html

Friday, December 31, 2010

~Last post of 2010...bring on 2011!~

Well, it has definitely been a VERY busy holiday season. I haven't had the chance to even sit down and journal which makes me kinda sad since I've been trying to keep up w/ about every single week throughout my pregnancy.

Today is NYE! I can't believe how fast 2010 came and went. It's been a crazy ride but everything has been worth it. I remember saying that 2010 was going to be the year for major changes and it has been. We found out we were expecting in July and now have gotten to the 25 week mark successfully.

As for looking back over the last month and a half, we had our annual Christmas party which was a great turn out. I always enjoy seeing everyone that we haven't seen in so long. I also took my MAT080 final on Dec. 6th and PASSED!!! I've registered for the MAT161 which will begin in January. We took our Disney trip, stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, went to MK (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas), went to ICE at Gaylord Palms, Universal Studios, Discovery Cove, and Sea World. We all got to swim w/ Dixie at DC and did the backstage dolphin adventure at Sea World where we met Neo and Nate. Oh, yes, I'm pregnant and swam w/ a dolphin. She was unbelievably sweet and the trainer said she was doing more than usual because of my pregnancy. The dolphins seem to want to impress the pregnant one...LOL..It's amazing how their powerful sonar works because she absolutely knew I was pregnant per the trainer so basically Dixie did an ultrasound of my belly and could see and hear baby Matthew. It was a wonderful trip but very exhausting for me. We got back on Dec. 22nd and then I had to cook and finish up my Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve. Oh goodness, it has been one crazy busy holiday season. We haven't even had the chance to plan for the baby as of yet but that's my official NYE resolution..haha! We HAVE got to go through all of Tommy's things and see what all we want to get rid of or keep for Matthew. That will all begin as soon as tonight is over.

Speaking of Christmas, we had a white Christmas this year. It began snowing on the 25th and snowed all night long into the next day. It was so beautiful. Also, Gabe made my Christmas so special. He got me a heartbeat monitor for Matthew, a kick tracker, a Louis Vuitton purse, some bath and body products, and some winter things such as a Northface jacket. Tommy was also very spoiled by Santa. He got pretty much all of the things he asked for. One thing that I was so thankful me and Gabe decided to give him from us was his Khombu boots which arrived right before the snow. Overall, we had a great Christmas this year. We are all looking forward to next Christmas with a family of 4. ♥

As for tonight, we are having a few friends over to ring in the New Year! We will probably play Apples to Apples and eat some snacks. Nothing really big as I can't drink and neither can another girl that's coming which just found out she's pregnant but it doesn't matter, it will still be a lot of fun. I really didn't have any plans on doing anything except for watching the ball drop until my friend, Shayla, asked if I wanted to do something such as just hang out and play some board games. That suits me perfect since being on the roads tonight isn't an option. :)

As for looking back over the past year, the major thing that has happened was that we are now planning for another precious little boy. We never thought we would see this day coming so it's very exciting!!! I had a Dr.'s visit a couple of weeks ago and I'm measuring a week further than what I am. His HB was at 145 bpm which the Dr. said was perfect. I'm currently trying to get his wake and sleep cycles down so it will be easier for me once he arrives. I couldn't take naps when Tommy was a baby, just couldn't seem to fall asleep so I'm hoping that I'll be able to change that and take naps when Matthew sleeps. I just think it will make things much easier since I don't want to be a tired mom all the time for Tommy or Matthew. Tommy is still very excited but has definitely admitted to being a little jealous. That's to be expected so I don't want to put too much focus on worrying about that. I know that I'll have to divide my time and that's what I plan on doing since Tommy has been the only child for almost 9 years. I know this will be difficult for him but I think he'll love his baby brother to death. We are planning another 3D/4D ultrasound pretty soon. I doubt we'll take Tommy to that one but mainly because I just don't think he cares if he goes or not but we'll definitely ask him. I go for another Dr.'s visit soon to do the sugar test. I want to make sure I cover pretty much all steps throughout this pregnancy and do all I can to keep Matthew healthy. :)

Today, Tommy and I went for our flu shots. I really went back and forth about getting one since the seasonal and H1N1 are now combined into one shot. I know the Dr.'s tell you to get one especially if you are pregnant but that doesn't mean I didn't worry about the effects on Matthew, Tommy, or myself. We got the "Fluzone" which I read is perfectly ok for me since I'm pregnant. I saw where the surrounding states are wide spread with the flu and I've seen plenty of posts on FB about people having the flu in our state. I figured it was best for us to get them since the pros seem to outweigh the cons.

For now there doesn't seem to be much more to write about. I'm hoping now that the holidays are over that I can journal a little bit more frequently. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment