Tuesday we had out ultrasound. I have to admit, I was a nervous wreck the few days before. I could feel the baby move here and there but it wasn't ever constant. We kept Tommy out of school for this very special time but I was afraid we were going to get really bad news, instead, we got WONDERFUL news.
As soon as Salina was doing the ultrasound, my first question was did the baby look ok and she said of course. After that I felt so much better. She spent about an hour with us taking pictures, recording the ultrasound, and taking a 3D ultrasound. It's still pretty early to take a 3D but there was no guarantee that we would need another ultrasound down the road so she was afraid this may have been our only chance to get that done.
The baby was very active, all over the place. It was so funny because the baby would take his little leg back really slowly and then kick real fast. I don't believe he enjoyed the ultrasound. LOL. Oh, did you catch that? Yes, it is going to be another precious BOY! I knew all along it was going to be. Gabe and Tommy thought it was going to be a girl but I just knew it wasn't. Really, we weren't 100% sure til the ultrasound. Gabe looked a little disappointed at first but he said it was because he didn't like being wrong. Tommy made a sour face also but proceeded to say how happy he was that he was going to have a brother. He has said this many many times so I know he just didn't like being wrong, he would actually prefer a brother and I kinda would too. None of us were upset that we were having a boy, to be honest, I was more relieved because I have such a tight bond w/ Tommy and I know I'll have one w/ this little monkey. I know mom's of girls can't really relate to those that have boys. I believe BOTH are very special in their own way but it is very true about what they say about a boy being a mommy's boy. They cling to their mothers and from what I've seen, they would rather be w/ their mom than their dad even though they have their days where the dad is the most important.
When Salina was trying to find out the gender, he was really fighting her on that. I don't believe he wanted anyone to see his "stuff". It is private after all. :) He was so wiggly but most movements I couldn't feel. Made me sad in a way but just knowing that the ultrasound went well and he looks GREAT made me more relaxed about everything. He would also cover up his face w/ his tiny little hand. Maybe he is camera shy like Tommy. I could tell by looking at his little feet and legs that he's got his daddy's feet. There's no mistaken that! He didn't seem to enjoy the ultrasound but we sure did. We LOVED seeing him swimming all over the place and seeing what he does when I can't feel him in there moving all around. His head is behind my belly button and his feet were facing down at the time. Salina said that he moves all around so no telling his position most of the time. I do feel some kicks lower in my abdomen on occasion. Looking at the 3D ultrasound, he looks like Tommy. Looks as though he's going to have Tommy's nose but the rest looked like Gabe. When Tommy was born, he looked like Gabe's mini me. I have a feeling this little guy is going to look just like his daddy as well when he's born.
We have decided to name him Matthew Lee. Matthew because it means "Gift from God" and Lee after my dad. If we had a girl, her name would have been Annaleigh Dawn and if we ever have a girl, that will be her name. We may end up changing our minds on the name Matthew but I'm pretty sure we'll stick w/ that. I love that name! I think it meshes well w/ Thomas. Neither are too fancy or odd. I can't help but to keep talking about the ultrasound...he was just so CUTE! It made me look forward to the day that I finally get to wrap him in my arms and give him tons of kisses. I've waited years for this moment and I get more excited each day.
I officially have a baby bump, there's no denying I'm pregnant, but I've lost a couple of pounds. The Dr. isn't worried at all, just suggested I add some protein in my diet since basically all I want to eat is ice cream, fruits, or veggies. Speaking of baby bumps, I got this Christmas shirt from Sears that says, "I'm not short, I'm elf size" and I put it on yesterday. It isn't a pregnancy shirt so needless to say, it fit my baby bump snugly. Tommy got the giggles and even spit out his water laughing. Then proceeded to lay on the floor laughing. Me and him both were laughing because it was kinda funny. I didn't care because I'm just so happy to be expecting that I'll show off my baby belly whenever I get the chance. :)
Anyways, more to come later. Next Dr.'s appointment is in 4 weeks. All looks great and that's the most important. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment