html

Monday, November 8, 2010

~Nothing too exciting going on~

Well, over the past week, nothing exciting has really been going on. We did get our new roof and I LOVE it, still waiting to get all of the other work done. I'm ready to begin decorating around the house and have even began my Christmas shopping. I found some really cute things in Sephora today for my friends as gifts. Figured I better get things done now because things are about to get really hectic w/ the end of the school semester and the holiday festivities. The end of the semester is almost here for the math class so I went ahead and registered today for the online MAT161. Waiting from a response from the professor to make sure I'll be able to take it since the baby is due in April and the end of the semester doesn't end until the middle of May.

So last night I took a baby gender test. I'm pretty sure I read it correctly, however, we still won't know until we get the ultrasound. Since they scheduled the ultrasound when I'm 20 weeks, I called today to see if I could move it up some. I'm just waiting on the call to tell me if I can or not. I'm ready to start planning for this little one so it's very difficult to wait until week 20.

Anyways, on another note, typical mom attitude around the holidays. I'm sick to death of her always acting like a total bitch when this should be the happiest time of the year. So we invited her to Disney World w/ us and even offered to purchase her tickets. She said she didn't have the money to go but turned around yesterday and told me that she is going to fly out to Oregon to see my sister for Christmas. Ok, eeerk, lets back up, I thought she didn't have the money but all of a sudden, she has the money to purchase a plane ticket, board her dog for a couple of weeks, and has money to spend while she's out there. So I asked how she could afford to go out there but couldn't afford to go w/ us. Anyways, part of her response was that she hasn't seen the kids in a year and she found that more important. Is it just me, but words like that are very hurtful, especially because I asked her WAY in advance to go w/ us because Tommy wanted her to go. Basically she was saying that my sister and her kids are more important no matter how it came out of her mouth. This is just like her around the holidays and NO I didn't read more into than what it was. This is her being her hateful self. So I said that I wasn't going to  my aunt's for Christmas if she wasn't going to be here and she asked why and I said because I didn't want to. Her response was.."whatever". Well, why ask if you don't want me to tell you why I won't go. Truth is, I just don't feel comfortable over there without her being there since I haven't spent the holidays w/ them in a couple of years. It's as though I don't have the right to feel that way or something. Right now, I'm just going to ignore her because she is TRYING to get me down and I'm not going to let her. She can be miserable all by herself because I've worked really hard at having a more positive outlook on things and surrounding myself w/ people that lift my spirits, not try to cause chaos.

Plus, I have this little one to worry about and I REFUSE to let anyone cause me unnecessary stress. So she can enjoy her time out there with my sister and the kids and it's as if she's done nothing to bother me. Actually, she doesn't even celebrate Christmas so it's no fun w/ her around anyways but I did find it hurtful that she said it was more important to go out there. Guess I'll say that one day back to her and see how she likes it.

Oh, just got the call, the ultrasound was moved up a week....YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment