html

Monday, November 1, 2010

~Halloween was a BUST~

Well, let me talk about our weekend. It was busy but such a let down. Saturday, we took Tommy trick or treating in a neighborhood that decided to celebrate Halloween on Saturday instead of Sunday. Needless to say, it wasn't much fun. Hardly anyone was celebrating. I feel so bad for the kids because there were so many. Tommy got plenty of candy but that isn't what it's about, it's about having fun and seeing them have such a good time. Oh, and we did do a trunk or treat on Friday night which was a lot of fun.

Sunday, we ended up going to a festival, which was so crowded so once we left there, we went to another trunk or treat at my friend, Alysia's, church. That was fun as well but we didn't stay very long, just long enough for them to play some games and head out trick or treating. I heard about this neighborhood that is blocked off for trick or treaters and it's very kid friendly. We parked w/ all of the other cars and I couldn't believe how crowded it was. My first thought was that it was going to be so much fun to see all the houses decorated. Well, what another let down. Hardly anyone here was celebrating so we decided to go back to McAdenville in which we had drove through on the way to this particular neighborhood. It was me, Shayla, Gabe, Tommy, Nik, Grayson, Evan, and Debbie. McAdenville looked really cute and had lots of kids. At this point, it's going on 8 pm. All the driving around that we did looking for a good spot to take the kiddos got us so behind. By the time we got to McAdenville, people were beginning to turn their lights off. I was say total, the kids may have hit 10 houses if that. It was such a let down. The kids had a blast regardless but I was so bothered by the way things aren't fun anymore. When I was little, everyone celebrated Halloween. It was safe, you got tons of candy, and more than anything else, you had fun. It was memories that I wish could be made for my child. They think what they did was fun but it doesn't compare to how things were when I was small. It's sad really that Halloween is hardly celebrated these days.

I mean, part of me understands why but the other part of me wishes there would be a drastic change and things would be like they use to. I know people don't celebrate as much because of the bad in the world. You have teens smashing pumpkins, egging houses/cars, or just plain out causing all kinds of trouble. You never know what you'll end up with on your porch. I know there were these things back when we were little, but it wasn't near as bad as it is now, seems the worst someone would do back then was snatch a bag of candy, not carry guns or vandalize things.

Today, a friend of mine was telling me about taking her 1 yr. old out trick or treating. She was saying that someone at one of the houses made a smart comment about her wanting the candy, not her little girl. Really? I just think that is so stupid and it really got under my skin. People are just so hateful these days. Was that comment really necessary? As a new mother, she wanted to take her little girl out for some fun and I'm sure to get some really good pictures. These are milestones that us as parents talk about, write about, or take pictures of. It just makes me sick that people find a way to take the fun out of every single thing. Like I was saying, it isn't about the candy, it's about celebrating and having some fun. With hateful people like this in the world, I don't see that drastic change coming anytime soon. I felt bad for the mom because if it was me, it would have broke my heart that I can't even take my child out for some fun without someone ruining it for me. I probably wouldn't even want to celebrate for the upcoming years.

With our little one on the way, I just wonder how trick or treating will be for him/her. Will it even exist by then? All I can hope for is a change that people will begin to bring the fun back into all holidays. I'm a HUGE holiday fanatic so I enjoy celebrating them all but when others don't enjoy it, what fun is left?

Anyways, I suppose I'll end my rant. I'll post pics below of our Halloween night. On a lighter note, I've felt some flutters come and go today on the right side of my bellybutton. I'm hoping it's the baby moving but I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking if I feel them later then it's definitely the baby. It's been almost 9 years since I had Tommy so I'm not as in tune w/ my body like all these other baby making machines. LOL. Actually, everything feels so new to me with all the things that are different from when my son was born. :)

We also have some exterior housework going to be done this week...hopefully. We have the roofer coming out tomorrow and hopefully we will have a new roof by this weekend. We are still in the process for all of the other exterior work. I'm hoping that before Christmas it will all be done. I've gotten down all of my Halloween decorations and I'm ready to pull out the Christmas stuff. I'm hoping that right after the roof is done that Gabe will hang our lights. I have to ride him or they won't go up...haha!

Once we get everything done, we want to look into moving. I hate that we feel so stuck in this house since the economy stinks but I'm sure we'll do whatever it takes to get out of here. I've seen several places that look really nice, I just want a garage, large yard, wrap around porch, a deck would be nice, storage space, and a fireplace. Is that too much to ask for? Most houses already come w/ these things. We were so young when we purchased our house that we didn't know what to look for. Now that we are older and we've learned, we definitely know what kind of house to get next. I'm just praying it will go our way eventually and we won't have to be here much longer.

Here are the pics of Halloween
 Shari's Berries for Tommy...they are so yummy!
 Tommy and my 4 month pregnant belly

 Tommy took this pic, I loved the way it came out
 Trick or Treat
 Loving the skater look

 This house was one of the very few that went way out. The people that lived here were so nice
 Trunk or Treat
 Tommy w/ his BF Grayson
 In the firetruck
Grayson, Evan, and Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment