html

Saturday, October 30, 2010

~All the Halloween Festivities~

It's been such a busy week so far planning for all of the Halloween festivities. Tommy and I made the cutest goody bags for his class. I was really glad because it didn't seem like the other parents really did much for them. I have always done goody bags for just about every single event since Tommy was in pre-k. Just something I really enjoy doing. Then last night we went to a fall festival at Harvest Church. I attended this church for many many years when I was younger into my early teens. I even got Baptized at this church. It was so nice to see so many familiar faces and even saw others that I went to school with.

Tonight, I believe we are going trick or treating close to the house and tomorrow we have several different things we want to do. A friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while is having a trunk or treat at her church and invited us to go to that and then her husband takes the kids around on a hay ride to trick or treat in her neighborhood. She's like me, the day after Halloween she's ready to decorate for Christmas. I said we must be related. HAHA!

I was in Target the other day and they have already gotten lots of things out for Christmas. I've already gotten the kids their goody bags for Tommy's class. Can you say that I'm ahead of the game? LOL I LOVE Christmas so I'm actually ready for Halloween to be gone so I can drag out all of the Christmas decorations. I've decided to have the Christmas party after all. It just wouldn't be the same without one but I've decided to keep this one a lot smaller and only invite the people that I'm really close to. It's hard being a host but even harder when you have a huge group to entertain. I would usually have a drink before everyone would arrive to calm my nerves but this year I can't do that..lol..so smaller it will be. I'm extremely anxious to begin decorating and shopping. I have a friend that doesn't have a lot so I've decided to help her w/ her Christmas for her 4 boys. She doesn't know it yet but I'm sure she'll be so thankful. We have much more than many and I think her boys deserve a good Christmas. She came from a poor background and still lives that kind of life. Where she lives, there really isn't a lot of jobs so it's hard to make much money. I'm also going through all of Tommy's toys and donating those to another friend of mine so she can give those to her kids for Christmas. Most of his toys are like brand new because he has so much he doesn't know what to do w/ them. My friend Stacy, the one that has the 4 boys, not only will we help her w/Christmas, I think it would also be nice to cook them a nice dinner for their family.

I would like to do something this year to help the less fortunate out instead of purchasing Tommy a bunch of unnecessary things that he will never play with, plus, he's older and is into more expensive toys such as electronics. One thing that I would like to do for Tommy is decorate his room in a skate design, get him a game chair, and a new bed w/ storage. He really needs a bed w/ storage underneath. Not sure if we'll get around to decorating but it would be nice if we did. I've also decided this year that instead of getting stuff to fill up Gabe's stocking that he may never use, decided we should both write down a list of our favorite things, drink, candy, snacks, perfume/cologne....etc. That way we can't go wrong. I'm actually very easy to buy for. I like chocolate, coke, and anything girly...makeup, perfume, bath and body works. Gabe could never go wrong w/ me but men are so hard to buy for, especially my husband. :) This way, I'll know things that Gabe will get use out of and nothing will go to waste.

Also, Gabe's supervisor just gave him 5 extra vacation days to use between now and the end of the year. We could extend our trip to Disney but I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking he should take some time around Thanksgiving and we can bring in both holidays together. Or take a day or two to help me w/ decorations and hanging our lights. hehe!

I just have a feeling that this Christmas is going to be a really good one. I hope Gabe will enjoy it as much as I do, he's always Bah Humbug because he's never enjoyed Christmas the same way I have which really stinks. I'm hoping this year that he gets into the holiday spirit and it ends up being the best Christmas yet.

Changing the subject, today was Tommy's last soccer game of the fall season. :( We are all bummed because he really really really enjoyed this year and his team. Tommy has really came out of his shell a lot this year and is interacting w/ the children more. I noticed that the game before this one that this one kid on the other team was using his hands to push our players when in soccer, their is a NO HAND rule unless you are the goalie. Of course me and my loud mouth yelled that the kid needed to keep his hands to himself. I thought I was going to pull him off the field by his ears...haha. But Tommy had it under control, when the kid pushed Tommy, Tommy pushed him right back. Good for Tommy even though most parents would be SHOCKED I would say that. Well, he's got to learn to defend himself in this day and age. Kids are so mean these days and I don't ever want Tommy go do down a road of bulling like I did so if that means sticking up for himself, good for him. He doesn't instigate, however, if they do something he doesn't like, he'll be sure to let them know he isn't going to take it. I'm proud he stands up for himself.

He wants to play flag football so that's what we are going to put him in now. I think he'll really enjoy it.

Oh and a quick update on the baby, both of us are doing great. I'm impatiently waiting to feel that first movement which I know will be soon. I was going to see if we could move the ultrasound up but decided to wait on the day it's scheduled. Tommy's teacher is so excited for the baby. She emailed me yesterday and said that she used 2 of their spelling words in sentences talking about Tommy and the baby. She said Tommy was smiling ear to ear. He's impatiently waiting w/ me to feel that first movement. :) He will go w/ us for the ultrasound. He's going to be such a great big brother and as long as they allow it, he will be there for the delivery, yes in the room w/ us. He will play a HUGE role in the baby's life and I find it very important for him to be there for this. 

Anyways, will post Halloween pics later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment