Well I know I'm updating a lot lately but after all, I don't keep an actual journal I write in, I prefer to type. It's so much easier. LOL. Plus, I don't know but a few people that even read my blog since it is no longer public on my FB page.
Anyways, so I feel like venting. If there is one thing that I can't stand it would be a new Phlebotomist or one that just doesn't know what she's doing. So I go to get the lab work today and I've never seen this lady before. Right off I knew she had to be new. I live at the lab so I know pretty much everyone there. She looks and looks for a vein and I told her specifically where one is. I could stick myself there and take my own labs if I needed to. You will NEVER miss the vein if you are any good. So she sticks me w/ the big needle instead of the butterfly needle AFTER I told her to use the butterfly needle. I told her that for a reason because clearly she had no clue what she was doing. Of course, she didn't hit the vein. At this point, I'm irritated because I don't enjoy getting stuck more than once not to mention there was a fan in there blowing right on me which was making me cold which in turn causes my veins to not be as visible. Then she says she wants to look at my hands. Are you kidding me? I've only had blood drawn from my hand once before and that was because the girl didn't know what she was doing either. So she sticks me and it hurt! I have a high tolerance for pain but this really hurt. It probably hurt because she wasn't even hitting a vein! So at this point I told her that if she sticks me again that I'll end up passed out cold on the floor. My hands were already sweating and I was freezing. She called the other girl in there and I told that girl where to stick me. The same place the 1st girl stuck me the first time. So she said there was an excellent vein there and took my lab. I wasn't happy at all! The lady that "attempted" to take my blood was extremely nice but that doesn't compensate for someone that has no clue what they are doing. Where do the labs get these people. I told the 2nd lady that I didn't want her ever sticking me again and she was telling me that the lady isn't that good and she doesn't expect her to be there much longer. Well, I sure hope not since I have a lab I have to get very often which means I'll be back in there soon. I was just glad it was over with. I don't mind getting labs drawn but at least let it be from someone that can take them and knows what they are doing. I plan on calling around my next Dr.'s appointment and talking to management. This isn't the 1st time I've been to a lab and got stuck multiple times due to the Phlebotomist has no clue what they are doing. Ok. So enough of my ranting. Just wanted to get that out there..HA!
Happier news that I forgot to mention earlier. I may have mentioned this in a previous post but I'm old, my memory isn't that good. LOL. My bestest bestest BESTEST friend, Stef., from High School just found me on classmates. I've looked for her for many years. She moved to Fl. when we were in HS and then to Maryland. I was SOOO happy when I got her message. We are trying to plan something where we can meet up soon. She was going to come down here within the next couple of weeks but her Grandmother fell and broke her jaw so they are taking care of her. I've missed her so much. We were inseparable in HS. She was a rocker chic back then and I remember us singing "High Enough" at the top of our lungs at my house. That was after I got my Kenwood stereo. Her parents were pretty strict or at least I thought so back then. They told her she couldn't listen to music in the mornings because it would take her too long to get ready and she'd be late for school. LOL. Gosh things were just so much easier back then. I LOVED her mom. She would always have homemade hot chocolate for me when I'd come to visit and had their Lab, Shiloh. I wish she still lived her cuz I've really missed her. She got me! Unlike most that just seem to think I'm either an emotional basket case or that I'm too abrasive. She knew that I'm just who I am plus, we just laughed over the craziest things and always had a good time. It was so sad when she moved so I'm EXTREMELY happy that she found me and now she's on FB and we talk just about every single day. I can't wait to plan a visit either me going there or her coming here. I know it will be a blast! She's planning on coming down for the shower which I hope she'll be able to. I can't wait to see her again and be our goofy selves.
Stefanie and her daughter, Ayla...this is them now.
The below pics are of me and Stef in HS at Devil Mountain and one that was of her and her boyfriend at the time.
st.





No comments:
Post a Comment