Wednesday, October 6, 2010
~All is well~
So yesterday we went to the Dr. for an ultrasound and a f/u on my blood work for the elective testing. As soon as Selena put the ultrasound on my belly, the baby was moving all around. It was so neat that I got tickled and started laughing. I looked over at Gabe and he was all smiles. For the first time I believe we were both glowing w/ happiness and finally, this pregnancy feels real. I have to admit, I've had a difficult time bonding w/ the baby due to my past and this pregnancy has felt so unreal to me until yesterday. Selena had to do some measurements and said the baby looks great! She stayed longer than normal w/ us so that we could enjoy seeing the baby and watching him/her move around. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen, mainly because all of the muscle movements are involuntary. I suppose only those of us that have taken A&P can really appreciate involuntary muscle movements because it was as though we were taking a sneak peak into the baby's brain development. This is normal at this stage. We even got a wave! I'm always nervous, almost to the point of tears, right before an ultrasound but not yesterday. I thought I would be but amazingly, I wasn't at all. I had a really good feeling and my feelings were right on. The baby is growing/progressing just as it should be. We talked to the Dr. afterward about my blood work and it was all within normal range. As of tomorrow, I go up on my Heparin dosage. That, I'm not looking forward to, but the end result is going to be so worth it. I found that giving them in my "love handles" seem to be the best place, however, it still bruises so I still have to alternate sites. I also got weighed and got my bp checked. I haven't gained or lost since the last appointment which really says that I've lost since I'm beginning to gain baby. My bp was great! I've been eating more veggies and fruits since that seems to be what the baby likes. Actually, if my mouth wouldn't break out in cold sores, I would eat pineapple day in and day out so instead we are settling for mixed fruit so I can still get some pineapple.
We go back in 3 weeks for a f/u, then between 18-20 weeks for an ultrasound to see the sex. Eventually we will get the 3D ultrasound so we have LOTS to look forward to.
So today I spoke w/ my professor about taking a medical withdrawal from the math class. Given that I'm so tired and I'm losing focus it would benefit me in the end. Luckily, they will do a medical withdrawal and she was very sympathetic to my situation. Since I'm a high risk pregnancy, I don't need any additional stress and it is stressing me out that I'm unable to study like I want since I'm unable to take the Vyvanse. I'm an A student and don't like to settle for a grade less than that. I would rather come back when my head is fully into the classwork, as of now, it just isn't. I've tried to stick the class out and still might but at least I have options. I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy alone or the fact that I take Heparin that makes me so tired. I don't remember ever being this sleepy w/ Tommy but of course, that was over 8 years ago so even my age may play a factor. Speaking of age, Gabe is saying that he wants more children after this one. That, I'm not so sure about. I wanted 2 healthy children and it appears that I'm finally getting my wish. :)
After class today, I went up to LK to see Sheila. She did my hair, we had lunch, and went for coffee, of course decaf for me. Her sister came over w/ her 2 little girls and we all had girl chat for a while. I always enjoy visiting Sheila as she is more like family to me than a best friend. She is like a sister and always has been. We've known each other since HS and I feel 100% comfortable around her. So while we were talking, Sheila and her sister offered to throw my baby shower. I thought that was great because to be honest, I don't have that many close friends (since school has taken up all my time and hurt my social life) and my sister lives in Oregon. The only other people that would throw me a shower would be Shayla or my mom. I think Sheila and her sister will do a wonderful job and I can't wait until that time. Sheila is already looking at baby blanket designs to knit for the baby. Anything she does is going to be beautiful and appreciated more than she knows since I really like homemade things. They just mean so much more to me. :) Like I said, we have SO much to look forward to. There are so many people that want to share this special time w/ us so I have a feeling the shower will be really big. I was saying today that if the baby is a boy, there really isn't a whole lot that I will need so we'll just all get together and celebrate w/ food, games, and good conversation. Well, I could use diapers and wipes and I want a new stroller, a glider, and a bassinet. That's things my family will probably go in on all the rest will be small things. Or, I would like a Medela breast pump, maybe I can see if people can go in on that as these are pretty pricey. By then I'm sure I'll think of other things I'll be able to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment