html

Saturday, October 2, 2010

~Officially into the 2nd trimester~

We are officially into the 2nd trimester. Of course, I'm sure we were both holding our breath waiting to get just a day past 12 weeks. We are so relieved that we made it past the 12th week. We go this upcoming week for an ultrasound which both of us are very excited but still nervous about. I don't think either one of us will rest until we are holding that little baby. It's still a long road to go and things can happen that don't have a thing to do w/ APS. I suppose after 6 losses, I know that it CAN happen to me. Regardless of our fears, we are doing all we can to make sure that this baby is healthy and are also making sure that I'm taking care of myself, trying to avoid stress and other factors that can make the pregnancy hard for me and the baby. 

I know both of us are anxious to find out the sex which is still a while yet. I can't wait to get in there and decorate the room. Tommy is still SO excited to have a baby brother or sister. He is going to make the BEST big brother ever. I can tell just by his love already for this tiny little baby. He talks to my belly occasionally but would NEVER admit it to anyone. He's now in the 3rd grade so much more embarrasses him. Speaking of 3rd grade, this past week was the 1st week that I went to eat lunch w/ him one day. I know his teacher and am so thankful that he got her this year. Again, we've been very blessed w/ all of his teachers. I had some supplies to take to the classroom and she said she would be very excited if I stayed for lunch. The parents aren't really suppose to stay for lunch right now because the parking is so limited at the school but she really wanted me to stay. It was nice spending a little time w/ Tommy at his new school. I'm so busy and tired that I haven't done a lot of volunteer work there yet but it's coming. :)

Today was Tommy's soccer game. I'm amazed at how well he is playing. He looks as though he has been playing for years. This will be his 3rd season playing but the other 2, he had no interest in running up and down the field. His team won 4-3! We were so proud of his team, especially his competitive mother. :) They really looked great compared to last weekend. Last weekend, they were so timid to get the ball but not today. Like I said, they have an excellent coach that straightens out their weaknesses. He's competitive just like me. 

So more about Tommy, on his progress report, he made all 3's in the behavior categories which are the best that you can get and A's and B's on his grades. Again, so proud of him! He was so worried about being in 3rd grade but seems to be doing really well. He's struggling somewhat in the math but mainly w/ rounding up and down. His teacher said that most of them are struggling w/ that but they are working on them every single day to get better. I'm struggling in my math class also so I can empathize with him. So speaking of the wonderful progress report, he doesn't know it yet, but we got our tickets to "Peanuts, The Great Pumpkin Patch Express" which is a train ride in Bryson City. They will also have many other activities going on and he'll wear his costume. My friend, Alley, and I went last year to the Polar Express which is the same train ride so I know he'll have a blast. I'll probably get the Polar Express tickets soon as well. It was just something really fun that the whole family can enjoy. 

This weekend has been eventful so far. My brother in law flew in to help my niece w/ her golfing since she plays for her HS. We all had dinner last night and lunch today. I also did some shopping w/ my mom today which was really fun. I told her she has to get me when I have energy because most of the time I'm too tired to do any shopping. I did get out one day this past week w/ just me and Gabe and we had a nice dinner and went to the mall. I went to Motherhood and got a few things. The lady in there was SO nice and wanted to see some of the shirts on me. I now have 3 Mickey shirts. I don't want it to be overkill but these are so cute! I can't wait to wear them on our Disney trip. Me, Gabe, and Tommy also went to Starbucks tonight and did a little more shopping at Target. I wanted Gabe to get a fall shirt so we will all coordinate next weekend. I think it will make for some great pictures. :)

Mine and Gabe's 10 year anniversary is coming up on the 6th. I really haven't thought about what we could do for each other. Since we've been married for 10 years, we usually do a nice dinner, get a small gift, and maybe a good massage. What I would really like for Gabe to do is finish a project he's been working on in the living room. That's what I want for my gift. haha! He likes to start things but never likes to finish them. Usually I end up finishing the projects he starts. I think he knows how exhausted I've been lately so I'll just tell him that's what I want for my gift, and maybe taking ALL the dogs out and feeding them, just give me a day without any responsibilities. But, if this doesn't work, it's always nice to have a nice dinner or get out, just the 2 of us, which is extremely rare. Maybe even a good movie that's rated R for a change. :) Gabe was wanting to get me some Ugg boots for our anniversary but I would rather wait on those for Christmas if I even want them by then w/ all the fluid I'll probably retain. Boots may not look all that cute at that time. hehe! Whatever we decide to do for our anniversary, I know it will be special, it always is. 

Will post more after the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment