So first I want to say how happy I am that we DIDN'T end up going to the Panthers game yesterday. It was a cold, rainy day, not the type of weather I would have wanted to sit in to watch a football game so we decided to stay home and just have everyone over. The Bengals nor the Panthers played very well. The Bengals won but it wasn't because they were playing excellent. I was disappointed in both teams.
The weekend was great. Tommy had his game Saturday morning, then I took a nap. Afterward, my dad came over for dinner. My BF, Shayla, also asked us to come up to Dave and Busters but it was getting late and I was so tired that we skipped that. Sunday morning, I took Tommy to the skate park. It was right after it had rained a little so not only did it feel great outside, there were no skaters so we had the entire park to ourselves. That rarely ever happens so that was great. Once we got home, we had company over for the game and had Donato's Pizza. I'm not craving pizza at all, actually the thought of it turns my stomach so I had a sub.
Later on, I took Smores, Tommy's puppy over to a good friend's house. I wanted to see if she wanted him. Yes, it sounds bad that I took my son's puppy but Tommy didn't have any desire to take care of him and I was allergic to his dander so the best thing was to find him a better home. Tommy wasn't upset because we knew he would be in excellent hands. We've had him for quite a while but he has been unbelievably hard to potty train. I suppose that's with most little dogs but it isn't something I wanted to take on right now w/ the baby coming. Plus, 4 dogs is just too many. It's hard enough w/ 3. I did love that little Poco though but since he passed away, getting another puppy was just a bad idea. Since I knew that he would be in a great place, I have been upset at all w/ taking him to her house. He played and played w/ her other 2 dogs. I feel really good about our decision and if we want to visit, we can so that's also a plus. She has text me a picture of Smores and he's right at home. So happy that he's enjoying his new place and his new family is enjoying him. Tommy has been dealing w/ it very well considering it was his puppy. Honestly, call it pregnancy hormones but I never once felt upset about finding Smores a home. I normally would, but not now. It would have been hard on me any other time, but like I said, maybe the hormones are giving me a little bit more backbone and doing what I know NEEDS to be done. It was ultimately the right thing to do.Once the baby gets here, we'll look into getting another dog down the road. I really don't want 4 dogs at the same time since we don't have a large yard they can call romp around in.
Anyways, I'll be 12 weeks this week. So happy I'm almost there. Feels as though the time is just dragging by. There's not a day that goes by that I don't worry to some degree but I am confident that my RE diagnosed the problem and this pregnancy is going to go well. I will say that the Heparin injections seem to get harder to administer. I'm not sure if it's because of hormones but I seem to bleed a little more w/ the injections and they seem to hurt a little more. I remember a while back talking to a girl who was on Heparin injections and she mentioned that the further she got along, the worse they felt. At least I only have 24 more weeks of the injections vs. 36. I'm so ready to know the sex of the baby even though it's too early right now. I am excited to begin decorating and purchasing some really cute things. Even better that my sister is going to help me w/ everything. Seems like a lot has changed since this pregnancy, just seems like my family seems to be closer and pulling together instead of always gossiping and causing unnecessary drama.
On a last note, I'm still in school. I decided not to drop my math class since I'm passing and I've already put in so much time and effort, besides taking so many tests, activities, and lab quizzes. I didn't want to start over so my decision was to ride it out. It will all be over in December and I'm counting down the days. I am in a section that I REALLY love. Polynomial fractions are the best. Maybe because I just love fractions and this seems to be the easiest chapter so far. I did really well on my last lab quiz so I'm hoping the test will be even better. I have to be honest, I haven't studied as much this semester as I have the past semesters. I've been so tired that I don't put as much study time in. I'm unable to take the Vyvanse so it's really making a difference in my energy level. I usually take a nap after class or on the days that I don't have to go. I'm taking advantage of any sleep that I can get in. Right now, I'm going to bed between 8 and 9 pm and I still wake up tired. This baby is definitely wearing me out already. Does this say that him/her will be a handful when they get here? LOL. I've also been off of caffeine for months now so that's also impacting my energy level, however, I did ask for a decaf coffee last week and by the time I got to school, I felt like I was on some kind of speed. I believe they must have messed up my drink. I will have to stress the next time that it BETTER be decaf or I'm not going to be a very happy person. I don't want to do anything that can put the baby at any sort of risk.
Will update more later. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment