Not only is it soccer and football season, it's also holiday season. This begins my favorite time of the year. I began planning for the holidays and enjoying the outdoor sports. In a couple of weeks, we are going to the Panthers vs. Bengals game w/ my father in law, his wife, another couple, of course my husband and I and this will mark Tommy's very first football game. We are going to try to get as close as possible so that this will be an awesome experience for us all but I'm more excited that Tommy will be going. He has wanted to go to a football game for a couple of seasons now, however, it just never seem to work out. Plus, this year, I'm pregnant so no alcohol for me. I'm hoping we don't get stuck somewhere high up because as any pregnant woman knows, you have to take a couple bathroom breaks per hour and plus, I really don't want to walk up all of those stairs. It exhausts me when I'm not pregnant.
It is also fall soccer season. It officially begins today w/ Tommy's first practice on this particular team. He is so excited that he's ready to get in there and be aggressive, meaning, he's ready to try and get the ball and score a goal. He has played for 2 other seasons before but the other children seem to intimidate him, not this year though. I surely hope he does well but he is playing for a league that doesn't keep score because it's all for the fun which is a great thing to teach children about any sport. I'm competitive though so losing doesn't set well w/ me, however, I've never projected that onto my son, just myself when I play sports. I can't help to be a tad heartbroken if Tommy and his team were to lose but that's not what it's about so I certainly never let him see that tad bit of me wanting them to have won. I am a strong believer that ALL children should play some type of sport, whatever that may be. It teaches them discipline, how to lose and win, sportsmanship, teamwork, etc. I hope Tommy will always have the desire to play something no matter what it is. Well I take that back, I can wait on the tackle football, after all he's still my baby boy. :)
And lastly, my fav. of all seasons, the holidays. I've already talked some about the holidays in my last post so I don't have that much to add besides that we are all thrilled to be going to see Mickey this year for Christmas. What could be better? I'm a Disney fanatic so I'm the most excited of all. I believe we have narrowed down the trip to the MK, ICE, Discovery Cove, and Sea World. The other list was just too much in such a short period of time. The other thing I've been working on is finding a pet friendly rental house. I found several but one is very well known for his pet friendly accommodations. We will be taking the 2 smallest dogs and leaving all of our other pets for our pet sitter. I'm so against boarding unless we absolutely have to. I've already spoken to our pet sitter which comes over quite often each day while we are gone so I've got that lined up. Now to rent our Disney house which I plan on doing today at some point. Just want to make sure this is the place we definitely want to stay. Oh, and I got 2 Mickey shirts from Motherhood the other day to wear specially for our trip. Trying to make Mickey proud ya know...haha!
On another very important note, I'm officially 10 weeks today. Only 2 more weeks before we are out of the 1st trimester. The time seems to be dragging by as we are all on pins and needles waiting to get past that 12 week mark. It's extremely important to get past the 12th week since most women that miscarry w/ APS seem to do it around the 12th week mark. I am confident that we are going to be ok but I'm human, and still worry. I will not stop worrying until I have that little baby in my arms and then all the other worry begins, just the worry of this little miracle growing up. No different than the worry I had w/ Tommy and still do. They are my babies and I'm the worrying mommy. I had a little bit of a scare yesterday that I had to contact the nurse about. It wasn't regarding the baby, it was regarding the Heparin. I had an isolated incident that really scared me and had to contact the nurse to make sure I was ok. Since the incident was isolated, there's no worries. I monitored it throughout the night and this morning and it seems to all be ok. This had nothing to do w/ the safety of the baby, more about the safety of myself. Thank goodness all is ok. As for the pregnancy, I'm still getting sick every time I brush my teeth, I still feel sick about all the time, and I don't have very many food cravings. Matter of fact, food sounds pretty nasty to me. When I think of eating, my stomach turns. I don't miss many meals as I know I HAVE to eat for the health of this little one. I haven't gained any weight since getting pregnant, I've actually lost 3lbs but I still have a baby bump. I can't suck in my stomach any longer so there's no denying that I'm pregnant. Last night I was craving BBQ for some odd reason but wanted it from BBQ King which is a good ways from us so instead I settled for left over PF Changs. I have to say, I didn't enjoy my dinner at all. The only thing that really ever sounds somewhat good to me is ice cream. That may have something to do w/ the calcium since when you are on Heparin, you need to be on a calcium supplement. Or it could be that it sounds more calming than any other type of food. Regardless, I'm trying to do the best I can in making sure this baby is going to come into this world as healthy as can be and if that means being sick everyday, I'm perfectly ok with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment