html

Friday, September 24, 2010

~Busy, Busy, and MORE Busy~

This week has been so busy. I had school 3 days, Tommy had soccer 2 days, I had Dr.'s appointments 2 days as well as taking my dad for an MRI.

So the week began busy but that's the norm around here. Wednesday I had a Dr.'s appt. w/ my OB. It was a routine exam that is required by the state. So, the appointment didn't start off that well. As I went back, they took my BP and weight. I've lost 6 lbs btw since I got pregnant. They didn't prick my finger which I thought was unusual since I was there for some testing. I went back and the nurse said it was too early for the ultrasound but they would prick my finger before I left. I was NOT happy! I was already on the verge of tears wondering how the baby is doing and rightfully so! So I explained to her that having the ultrasound and the blood work was the main purpose of this visit. Well, my midwife apparently dropped the ball on the visit and didn't schedule it correctly. Needless to say, this was my first visit w/ an MD instead of a midwife. He was very friendly but had to do a very uncomfortable exam. Again, I was NONE too happy since I didn't realize this appointment was going to be all about the exams. My face was red when he did the exam because I was in pain. Gabe felt so sorry for me that he talked me through the exam and discussed w/ the Dr. to make me a little more comfortable. I was just happy when the exam was finally over and I could get the ultrasound scheduled. Oh, but before I forget, the nurse did say before I left that the MD would listen for the heartbeat and if he couldn't hear anything, then obviously I would get an ultrasound. I explained to the Dr. that if there was a higher chance that he wouldn't (meaning I was too early) then he needed to just send me to the ultrasound tech instead because there is NO reason to try the monitor and then us worry ourselves sick if there was a higher chance he wouldn't hear it. Luckily, he said that he should be able to hear it and sure enough, he heard a very strong heartbeat in the 170's. Yes, I do know that a higher HB means a girl, however, Tommy's was high and obviously he's a boy. LOL. Plus, I don't believe they go by the heartbeat this early to determine the sex.

After my appointment, I needed to get some additional lab work done but had to come back the next day since I had to take my dad to get an MRI. My dad has spent about every day at our house this week. I guess he just gets lonely. At least he's been in a good mood when he visits so that makes the visits really nice.

Tonight, we are taking Tommy to see "Alpha and Omega". I promised him ALL week that we would see that movie so that's what we are doing. Tomorrow he has a soccer game and then my dad is cooking out BBQ chicken and I'll make some things to go w/ it so he'll come over for dinner.

Sunday, the plan was to get Panthers tickets but unfortunately, it's hard to find 6 all together unless you want an end zone so I told Gabe that we could just have everyone over and watch the game on our TV. I would rather stay home to be honest even though I was looking forward to going to a game. I would much rather see a Panthers game when they get a little better. I didn't want to spend crazy amounts of money getting good seats if the Panthers didn't do well. I also didn't want to split our group up so it is what it is. I was wanting to cook-out Sunday but my mother in law says it's suppose to rain. Guess it's a good thing we aren't going to the game so we'll just order pizza or something. Whatever we decide to do, it will be fun and it will be nice to have everyone over.

Nothing else exciting it coming up that I can think of. Well, of course our Disney trip and I'm about to hit 12 weeks. I'm so ready to get past the 12th week. I'm still extremely tired and seem to fall asleep on command. I can't remember the last time I slept in but that's ok, it's preparing me for this little one in the spring. I'm very excited and even more excited that we got good news at the Dr.'s appt. Tommy is excited also. He tells me all the time to take care of this baby and make sure nothing happens to him/her. I know he can't wait to be a big brother. My parents are divorced but I told my mom the other day that when I deliver that I want her and my dad to both be there. That is fine w/ her and I can tell my dad is glowing over this pregnancy so it's very important for us to share this w/ as many family members as we can. My sister is beside herself excited. She's going to fly here and help decorate the baby room. She can paint really well so I'll leave all of that up to her. She is also very good at painting murals so I'm excited to see what she can come up with.

This pregnancy has both mine and Gabe's friends and families very excited. I'm so glad that we've been able to share our wonderful news w/ such great people which stood beside us through our ups and downs. I know it hasn't been easy but nothing in life is easy. This has been something we've wanted now for many years and the ones that have been there will definitely be a HUGE part in this baby's life.

As for now, we are all doing great and the baby is progressing just as it should. I doubt we'll be able to see any "parts" on the next ultrasound but we'll definitely schedule a time when we can. I want to decorate the room and go ahead and start planning so we'll definitely found out the sex. Not so sure I'll share that w/ everyone at this time since I would like to surprise most but it's hard for me to keep quiet over such wonderful news.

Oh, I have gotten my belly bump but like I said, I've lost 6 lbs because I'm just not real hungry. The girl that sits beside me in class even said she could see my little baby bump. I got some cute maternity clothes at Target the other day. I don't want to purchase too much since I doubt I'll have another one. I got something dressy because I like to feel pretty and dress up. I don't want to just let myself go because I'm pregnant, I still want to fix myself up because it makes me feel better.

Another thing I got at Target the other day was a Panther's jersey for my dog, HALO. He's so adorable! He'll be wearing his team gear on Sunday. I also got some Christmas gifts while I was out. I feel like when I have the energy that I need to take advantage of it since Christmas will be here before we know it and I'm not so sure I'll feel up to doing much shopping around that time. Now, if I can just finish my niece's Panther's blanket. :)

Today, I set up a photo shoot w/ a photographer. I'm looking to get some Christmas pics as well as some of the family and my belly. I'm SO excited to get some professional pictures done. I have a good friend that is a professional photographer and wants to take some of the baby for free. How nice would that be?

Anyways.......more to come later. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment