html

Monday, September 20, 2010

~Interesting Weekend~

So my weekend began with an exhausted Friday. By the time the week was over, I was totally exhausted. I believe we all were. Every single one of us went to bed early Friday night. We got up Saturday morning to begin the business all over. Our Saturday morning began with Tommy's soccer practice. I'm so happy he's really enjoying this season. I was disappointed with some of the other players and their attitudes. At least 3 of the players acted out for the coach. The coach asked one girl to put her water bottle behind the net and it took her a temper tantrum before putting it back there. Then another girl was asked to run a short distance for not listening and one little boy just decided he was done with practice and walked off of the field. If there is one thing I can say about Tommy, he would NEVER act like this and if he did, he would be in BIG trouble. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing out of an 8-10 yr. old league. I expect this w/ the 4 year old group, but not ours. I hope his next practice goes better. His coach is AMAZING. We call him Dr. Olsen since he is an Orthopedic Surgeon. He is really stepping in there and teaching/showing the children the proper techniques of playing so they will be well prepared for the first game. Regardless of the other players, Tommy is having tons of fun and is excellent for his coach. We are so proud of him in everything he does. 

After the practice, I had to get ready for a friend's baby shower. Keona was in my CNA class so it was nice to see her again after several months that has went by. Everyone at the shower was very welcoming as I didn't know anyone but Keona. They had the normal, food, games, and then opening presents. I stayed for 2 1/2 hours but had to leave since I was headed to a surprise birthday party for my BF. 

We went to Wild Wing Cafe for a surprise birthday party for Shayla. When talking to her mom, she had suspected that something was going on but didn't know who all would be there. She was surprised to see us and some others there. I LOVE surprises so I was happy we could bring her special day in like that. Earlier that week, I had ordered her a Bad Girls Club (BGC) necklace and myself one of course. That's mine and Shayla's thing. We love all the crazy drama on BGC. HAHA! We tend to like a lot of the same things and have very similar tastes. I had also gotten her a couple bath and body products from Victoria Secret. I wore my necklace that night in hopes she would recognize it and say something about wanting one. We had talked in the past about getting the necklaces. Sure enough, she noticed the necklace and told her boyfriend, Antonio, that she wanted one and wanted to know where he needs to go to order one. When she opened her card, she was so surprised to see the necklace in there. She then put it on and I've seen it on in a couple of her pictures since that night so I'm so happy she's enjoying it. I'm the type of person that if you tell me you like something, that is what I will try to get you for your special day. That was something Shayla brought up, how I always get good gifts since I always remember what people have mentioned they would like. It makes their day just a little bit more special. 

So afterward, Clint, Kami, Shayla, Antonia, and Grayson decided to come to our house and hang out w/ me, Gabe, and Tommy to bring in her birthday. The adults (except for me of course), had a few drinks and then we played Apples to Apples. It was so funny. Gabe said something that made me and Shayla laugh so hard we had tears. She has one of those laughs you laugh at anyways so things are 10 times funnier. Gabe had one too many drinks I believe so anything he said, me and Shayla would crack up at. It was so nice to spend some time w/ Shayla since I haven't seen her since our beach trip in August. (which was a blast btw) That's a story for another day but we named these tortoises: "Alpatortoise O's", Left Eye Lenie, Venus, Betty AKA-Jackie Jo Loop, Deuce Turtle O, Scar Face Tortoise O AKA-Floyd, and Dirty Diana. It's a long story but basically they were "playing the piano" at the Alligator Farm in N.Myrtle beach. Again, something we laughed our asses off about! We're nuts but I like it that way...haha

We didn't go to bed til after 2:15 am and then I had to get up early to take a shot. My plans were to take the shot and go back to bed but I got a call from my dad around 7:20 that morning. I knew it had to be important because he knows we aren't usually up that early. I thought at first, well he knows I'm up so maybe he's just trying to call and talk to me but then thought, nah, it must be serious. When I answered, he said he needed me to take him to the hospital because he was in so much pain. A couple of weeks ago, he tripped on something and hurt his back. As of yesterday, the pain had radiated down his left leg and he could barely speak, muchless walk. Once we got to the ER, they checked him in and gave him and IV w/ some kinda pain medication called Dilaudid which is stronger than morphine. After a few minutes, he was feeling much better but still had some mild pain in his back. They sent him home w/ 2 prescriptions of a steroid and other pain meds. I took him home and went to Wal-Mart to get those filled along w/ getting him a cold drink and a sandwich. I felt so bad for him that he was in that kind of pain. I know he would have taken care of me if I needed it so it's always nice to have someone that cares about you enough to go out of their way to do anything they can to make you feel better even if that is getting the prescription filled, and a cold drink w/ a sandwich. My mom always gets me popsicles when I feel bad so I know how just the small things can mean so much. 

After making sure my dad was ok, I came back home and took a nap. I missed most of the Panther's game even though it was NOTHING to brag about. I can't believe the throws Matt Moore was making but I'm not him so I don't want to criticize. I did get out just a tad after my and went to Target with Tommy. There was really no good shows on last night so again, Tommy and I went to bed early. 

Today began pretty hectic. I had asked Gabe last night to have Tommy's clothes pressed and laid out this morning since Tommy had pictures. What do you know, we get up and Gabe is scrambling getting Tommy's clothes ready. He put 2 different shirts on Tommy just to find out that both had some stain that must not have came out in the wash. Then he didn't fix his hair the way I wanted and dressed him in hunter green and navy. What topped it all off was that we had to leave so Tommy would be on time and when we got in the car, I found out that he didn't brush his teeth since things were so hectic. Needless to say, I wasn't happy w/ Gabe at all. I have my own things that I do in the mornings so making sure Tommy is dressed for school is the ONLY thing I ask him to do which is becoming too difficult. These days, everything is too difficult for Gabe. Once I dropped Tommy off, I cried all the way home. I'm just sick of having to do everything around the house. Gabe does NOTHING unless asked! It just makes me sick so what we have both decided to do is hire a maid to help around here. That's the only thing we can do because we are both very busy people. I've tried cleaning out the closets to get rid of things but I have absolutely no help from my husband so it all becomes overwhelming. We have no storage space unlike most people, so our closets are packed full. Either we get rid of things or rent a storage unit. There are some things, such as holiday decorations, that I would like to put in storage and only bring them out once a year. That would definitely cut back on the clutter. Gabe did call me several times to apologize but I was so upset that it took me half the day to not only speak to him, but to forgive him. It isn't just this, it is many things that has led to my meltdown about it all. 

I went to school and have I mentioned that I can't stand that math class? I'm just not making much sense out of the material. I've thought about dropping it but I haven't dropped a class since I began school and I don't want that on my transcript, another thing I just cried and cried about this morning. I almost dropped the class but figured I'm currently making an 82.4 average which isn't great but it's passing. I really don't want to have to go through this class again so I'm trying so hard to stick it out. I'm not the type of person to give in so easily so I'll see how things go this week. If home life w/ school becomes too overwhelming, I'll definitely drop the class for the benefit of this pregnancy. I don't need any added stress which I wish my husband would understand. 

Anyways, so later today while sitting in the carpool line to pick Tommy up, one of my very close friends, Alley, called to tell me that a mutual friend of ours had taken his life. I was so upset. I had no clue that things were that bad in his life. He was always so friendly and funny. He went to school w/ me but graduated a couple of years before me. He came to the house on NYE w/ Alley and celebrated w/ us. We kept in touch on FB here and there. He would leave comments on my status messages a lot. It just breaks my heart that his family is going through this and his mom found him. It goes to show that you never know what is going on in others lives so you should never take people for granted. 

I hope my Monday will get better and at least the rest of the week. We have our ultrasound in a couple of weeks which I'm nervous but very excited about. 

Will post more after that visit.  

On a more exciting note, we got our Disney vacation planned. We are staying at the Universal Hard Rock Hotel. I'm getting very excited for our trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment