html

Thursday, July 22, 2010

♥Girls Day♥

Yesterday my mom watched Tommy so I could get my hair done. I had a fun filled day out w/ one of my besties, Sheila.

Sheila recently moved to LKN so I was excited to see her new place. She works at a shop outside of her house but we decided to have her do my hair at her new house. It's a little ways from my house but I was in desperate need to not only have my hair done but to have a little "me" time.

Once I got to her place, she showed me around. She's right on the lake so we could have walked out her back yard and went swimming if we wanted to.

I had printed off a picture of how I wanted my hair done. I had been looking for something different since the blonde was getting a little old for me. I like to change it up every once in a while since I get tired of the same ole same ole. The good thing about Sheila is she likes to play meaning she loves to play changing up hairstyles and colors. I've NEVER had a better hairstylist. She stays on top of new trends which means a lot when getting your hair done.

So after she took a look at the picture, off to the supply store we went. We looked at the color charts and picked out colors like the picture, then we went to the Human Bean for coffee, and dropped by Wal-Mart real quick.

Once we got back, she began coloring my hair. When she squirted some of the red color into the color bowl, it looked HOT PINK. She said, "Look how red that is". I just said yes it was but was worried sick that I was going to have artificial hot pink hair. After all, this WAS NOT what color red I wanted in my hair and it looked completely different on the color chart. I don't like to complain so I didn't say anything, especially since she had to go purchase it specially for me. I was just hoping that the color changes once applied to my hair.

Finally it was time to rinse and to my surprise, the red I picked out looked just like it did on the color chart. I suppose the processor changes that hot pink color to a deep red. LOL

So then after she fixed my hair, we went to her parents house. I've known Sheila and her sister for most of my life so her family is like my own. Not too long ago, Gabe, me, and Tommy had went out to her parents, cooked-out, and went jet skiing. Her dad and Gabe really get along well. It was a fun day so I was looking forward to seeing her parents again. Once we got there, we walked in and it smelled just like spaghetti. Her mom was cooking dinner and asked us to stay for dinner but me and Sheila had already made other plans that night. Her mom handed me a jar of homemade pickled pickles, and some home grown tomatoes. Sheila's dad has a huge garden so they always have fresh veggies. We didn't stay too long but it was nice to see them again and have good conversation. Her mom asked us to come up on a Sunday since they all have lunch together and just hang out. BTW, they are also right on the lake. The view is amazing. I know we are all looking forward to going up and visiting again, hopefully really soon.

Then we headed back to Sheila's house to grab our things and head to see Eclipse. She has already seen it but was excited to see it again. I haven't had the chance to see it since I have my 8 year old with me most of the time and I didn't think he would enjoy this movie, plus, it really isn't age appropriate for him.

So we got to the mall, had some dinner, went to Sophora, and then went to the movie. The movie was intense. Much better than Twilight or New Moon! I was so happy that I finally had the chance to go see it and that I got to see it w/ Sheila.

Afterward, I just went home and watched some TV w/ Gabe and Tommy. I was so glad that I had a "girls day". I've missed hanging out with my friends since I've always got something going on so this was well needed. Sheila is one of my favorite friends. She always has good stories to tell so there's never a quiet moment between us. I'm hoping her and I can do something again this Friday. I took yesterday to revive as a mommy but to also enjoy it with one of my best friends. And, I LOVE my hair and the colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment